SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the V50 forum, but two days and no responses so I'm posting here.

I'm replacing the compressor in my wife's '09 V50 and will need to flush the system. I have shop air and a flush kit and the new compressor/drier/orifice tube are not installed yet. I just want to know which lines to flush and can't seem to find any info. I'm certain I can't be the only one to have done this on a V50 or similar Volvo. After the flush, I'll get everything installed and take it to a shop and have them pull a vacuum and charge it up. Any help or insight is much appreciated!

2009 V50 2.4i Flush A/C System https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=602403

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Every time I've flushed an A/C system, I completely remove the hoses/pipes, shoot some brake cleaner through them and follow with shop air for several seconds.

I do the same for the evaporator and condenser except I use less brake cleaner and less air pressure. I keep blowing air through until I stop seeing mist coming out of the other side. Once I put the system back together, I like to leave it in vacuum for about an hour before I fill it to boil off any moisture that may be in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts