SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my s80 has been throwing lots of torque converter and shift solenoid codes recently after hitting 140k miles. I drained thenold fluid and it was very very dirty but no signs of abnormal wear knowing about the trans issues with these cars at higher mileage I expected worse. The only thing is I couldn’t get any of the special fluid so I used type f synthetic fluid from oreillys can I leave this or should I order the specific stuff? Any help or knowledge is appreciated

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would suggest to get the proper fluid. Don't want to risk it!

As for the type of oil, I know these transmissions used 2 different types: one used in the P2 S60s and probably XC90 first gen, and another used in the P3 S60 and presumably the S80 P3. For example, my car is a 2012 S60 T6 and it uses AISIN Type WS (or 0-WS) fluid. The transmission is a TF80-SC although some say the correct name is TF81-SC.

Anyway, please check your user manual. There it should say what your car needs. Post back if you don't find it there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,424 Posts
I would check out FCP's website. They'll have a recommendation for the correct fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts