SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 XC90 Sport and have a few questions:

1. Park Assist
Is there a way to disable Park Assist? Or have it in off mode when the car is started?

I installed an aftermarket hitch and keep a dirt bike carrier mounted at all times. The park assist alarm goes off every time I put the car in reverse. I know the button will disable it until the car is started again (not doing this every time).
I pulled the two Park Assist fuses and that does disable it. Now there's a warning message. Just wondering if there is a better solution?

2. DVD Entertainment System
The car has what I guess is the OEM Entertainment System with two screens mounted behind the seats. Each can pop open to load a DVD. The car did not come with the wireless headphones and there are no headphone input jacks. There are no controllers beside the 2nd row seats--and this is really confusing as I thought that was standared on all XC90s. It does have the Dynaudio radio and Navigation.
So I guess the only way to listen to a DVD is to use wireless headphones?

·
Registered
640 Posts
For the park assist all you need to do is connect a “trailer”.

A trailer plug in the trailer wiring socket with resistors for light bulbs will trick the car into thinking a trailer is connected.

When the trailer is connected, the reverse sensors are automatically disabled.

You know when the car has detected a trailer as it lights up the <-> lamp on the dashboard when the indicators are on.

So which bulbs need to be connected to trigger the trailer detection? I’m not sure, but start with the taillights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
And for the DVD system, you will need to buy a remote and the headphones. VIDA tells you which ones are the right ones, and has pictures of the remotes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a MY2009 XC90 with factory DVD. The DVD plays over the AUX input of the stereo. You have to disconnect anything plugged into the AUX socket though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the park assist all you need to do is connect a “trailer”.
I considered buying the OEM wiring harness and connecting a "fake" trailer. Then I learned that the transmission will shift gears at different points which is good when there's a real trailer...not so good for everyday driving.

When the fuses pulled, the Park Assist message and the Anti-Skid message constantly show.

I wonder if putting tape over the sensor might do something or disconnecting the Parkkng Assist Module. Maybe there is a way to short the button under the radio?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts