SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, AWD 3.2. Has 86K on it. Last several months or so I've noticed a click noise (like if you flicked a wooded table with your fingers) when the car goes from park to drive, park to reverse and reverse to drive (basically any time you move the shifter). Its not loud but clearly audible at low speed and when parking/starting to drive. Never heard it when going above 50mph and that is not due to road noise.

It also happens irregularly when lifting off the accelerator or when coming to a stop. It doesn't always correspond with the transmission shifting (based on feel and the tachometer). I had an oil change and tires put on it today and asked the shop to see if they could pinpoint it. They said its coming from the transmission and is "some type of play in the transmission" but that I would need to take it to a transmission shop to know exactly what the issue was.

Anyone out there have a similar issue? I am planning on taking it to the dealer but that's an hour away and the soonest they can get me in is 3 weeks. Transmission has given me zero problems other than this annoying noise.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts