SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I was not able to find a relevant thread on this topic, but I am sure it exists!

I Have a 2008 XC70 that has a Stereo that is turning on and off on it's own. It seem that once the car has been running for a while the stereo will stay on. I have a VIDA DICE and it says: (yellow) lost communication with infotainment control module, Lost communication with central electronic module, medium speed CAN communication bus, etc. no, messages coming up outside of VIDA DICE. I understand that this may have to do with more than the stereo.

Any assistance or questions to troubleshoot this matter is appreciated!

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday I took the center console our to check connection and put everything back together, the stereo worked intermittently again. After work the stereo appeared to be dead with the ICM not connecting per VIDA. I did not see any signs of water damage near the amp and the 3 connectors appear to be fine. I disconnected and reconnected the connectors on the amp with no change.

Are there any other recommendations for troubleshooting before I throw parts at it?

I see 2 options to correct the ICM if my diagnosis is correct: 1.) Have the ICM refurbished by Xemodex 2.) Find a salvage ICM and try that. With this option do I need to teach the car to communicate with a different ICM?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Check the amp for signs of water contamination. It's mounted under the passenger seat and the lowest point electronically in the car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I had similar symptoms about 2-3 months ago when we had 2-3 days of rain. Turned out to be condensation from the carpet, touched the metal parts under the seat and they all were wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts