SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<p>Took the car in for the fan recall/upgrade last week and asked about updating the sat nav dvd as we have a number of areas not covered.<br>Asking price of $939 (AUD)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>Anyone know of another alternative please?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: 2008 XC70 Sat Nav (James748S)

Oh dear...<p>That is exactly why I didn't go for the inbuilt Nav system. I hate getting ripped off for updates. The $400 or so BMW quoted me in the past seem like a bargain.<p>It cost AU$80 all up to get a turn by turn Navigation application for my iPhone and that included the latest whereis maps. If the developers sell the app including the same data you need (but in a different format) for $80, just what is the markup on that price you have been quoted ?<p>I am afraid your only alternative is illegal...<p>

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: 2008 XC70 Sat Nav (notthestig)

I bought the latest DVD:s and software (to my S80) a few weeks ago. 3D-navigation, speed cameras + a lot more = ~1800SEK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: 2008 XC70 Sat Nav (James748S)

Hi James748S,<p>That does sound steep mate, I went into Bilia Volvo in Hawthorn (VIC) about 4 months ago and quoted me around $600. What version (Whereis) do you have, it may already be the latest available?<p>Cheers,<p>Georgea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: 2008 XC70 Sat Nav (T5_awd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T5_awd</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought the latest DVD:s and software (to my S80) a few weeks ago. 3D-navigation, speed cameras + a lot more = ~1800SEK</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Is this software update available for a US-spec 2008 V70? Where can I read more about it? BTW, my V70 is a late model MY08 and came with the HDD nav system. Thanks.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Swiper at 4:41 AM 7-23-2009</i>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 2008 XC70 Sat Nav (Swiper)

Hi,<p>We got the VNS as part of a package, since the car is now 14 months old I assumed that there must be an update avaialble. Also there have been a lot of upgraded road works and new developments up here that currently are not shown.<br>I have GPS on my phone which actually works well, but I am a fan of how easy the Volvo system is to use. Suppose I just make do with this system!<p>cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts