SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a DSTC Service Required light on my dash this weekend and when I got home I plugged it in and got Code U0136 No Communication with DEM. I checked the AWD Module fuse in the trunk and found that it was blown. I put in a new 10a fuse and as soon as I started the car, it blew that one, too.

I checked resistance for both grounds at the DEM and they are grounded out fine. Does anyone have a next step that I could consider to narrow this down?

Edit 1: Doing some more reading on xemodex and sounds like if the fuse is blowing it's a good sign it's the DEM or pump.

Edit 2: Jumped the pump and the pump turned on, so according to xemodex it is the DEM.

Thanks

Gabe

·
Registered
9 Posts
I looked at the xemodex flow chart again and it says to check the fuse at the rear control module. Where can I find that? I don’t see any mention of that in the user manual. The fuse I was blowing is the AWD System fuse in the fuse panel located under the access panel in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
nice troubleshooting Gabe. Thanks!

Next step is....? Xemodex can help you?
Well, not quite yet. I at least confirmed the pump is fine, but I didn’t test the power at the REM, but I am not sure where that even is in the car. I cannot find anything on the internet with where it is located.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Xemodex flow chart is for P2 models which are the previous generation. You have a P3 model.

P3 does not have the REM as shown in the flow chart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Xemodex flow chart is for P2 models which are the previous generation. You have a P3 model.

P3 does not have the REM as shown in the flow chart.
Ughhhh. Thanks. I wish they’d clarify their chart then to remove the 2008-10 XC70 from the applicable vehicles.

So then I was correct that if the pump powers up when I jumped it, but the fuse keeps blowing, then it’s the DEM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts