SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been searching have not found much related to the '08 xc70. found info related to the s40 and v50 of earlier model years. window and lock controls do not work when the drivers door is closed. i open the door and the controls work. i found info about corrosion in the connector and possibly a broken wire between the a-pillar and door. there was a tsb for the s40/v50 to clean/grease the connector due to corrosion. i will try this. has anybody experienced/solved this issue?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i found the culprits, broken wires in the harness from the a-pillar to the door. to give more working room i removed the door. this is a piece of cake, 3 bolts. as i expected, it is pretty heavy. once the door was removed, i cut/split the rubber boot that insulates the wire loom. once the boot was opened, i found 3 broken wires, gry/org, grn/pur, grn/wht. i spliced an extension into each wire to give some slack and soldered back together. we'll see how long it lasts. at least i know where the issue is.

from the door, it looks like that harness connects under the dash. is that correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts