SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for reading! My 2008 XC70 AUX port in the center console no longer functions properly. Audio is full of static and volume very low. The jack itself has been replaced and that did not help. Car audio shop attempted to add an additional fiber optic USB utilizing the input on the back of the head unit but were unable to make it work. From what I've read, it is not possible to replace the actual infotainment unit with an aftermarket radio. Are there any other options that will allow me to listen to music from my Iphone? I am willing to invest a reasonable amount of $$ in this repair as it will be cheaper than getting a new car (which I've seriously started to consider at this point). Any and all ideas considered!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am currently investigating installing a Parrot MKi9xxx series bluetooth handsfree system which includes A2DP audio streaming. I'm surprised your audio shop was unable to get something going using the line-in pins on the radio, and if they were unsuccessful it's possible you won't be able to get something going with the Parrot setup either, but it would be worth looking in to.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits/[/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts