SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have two choices, a fully loaded CPO 2008 C30 for $20K with 40K miles or a 2011 with new warranty almost base c30 for $22K with 20k miles. I'm leaning towards the 2008 because it has been there for a while and I can get it cheaper, and also is fully loaded. But the 2011 is basically new, but has no other options besides whatever comes with cruise control.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I guess it would depend on the options you would miss!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
CPO has 60k miles/2 years of warranty left. If you drive a lot, then the mileage remaining on the warranty would be to your benefit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went to go look at the 2008 C30, and found out it has been sitting on the lot for 6 months. They knocked the price down by $500 listed online. Drove it, it had some quirks that I would get taken care of before I bought it, but they didn't work with me on the price at all. They took off $150 for a doc fee and that is it. They kept talking about market value, and NADA/KBB pricing and explaining how much lower it is priced than those. I told them I don't really care how low it is priced compared to old numbers, and that I only go by what the car goes for at auction because that is how a dealer buys trade in cars. Told him he got the car for way less than NADA/KBB or whatever made up market numbers he told me, and that I'm not going to buy a car for $3-4K over actual market value.

I asked the used car manager at my work (I work at a dealership too) of how much these cars are going for, and auction values were around $12-13k! That is over a $5K profit if I bought it as the asking price. Told him to good luck selling it in this market, and let me know when he will give me an actual figure. :thumbdown: :facepalm:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My other choice is a 2011 S40 T5 at work we have, but I have to wait a few weeks until I could get it, because they want to make the most profit before selling to an employee.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Regardless of what make/model of car you are considering there is a certain wisdom in not buying the first year of production of a new model. Alot of times flaws in the car designs (2008 C30 front door weather strip leaks come to mind) rear there ugly head and usually don't get resolved until the second or third year. You didn't specify how long you plan on keeping the car once you buy it, If your like me I keep my cars 10 + years. The C30 I bought was an off lease pretty much a stripper. I don't have key less drive, xenon lights or any of the fancy electronic gadgets to break down and cost a fortune to replace after a few years. Quality, reliability are paramount in my book, It's nice to have a turbo though. Food for thought.:)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I do like the earlier body style a bit better i Drive a 09 t5 though i hate the black/grey plastic body panels along the bottom wish it was at least an R design.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I do like the earlier body style a bit better i Drive a 09 t5 though i hate the black/grey plastic body panels along the bottom wish it was at least an R design.
+1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts