SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place that sells non standard thickness cylinder head gasket for the C30? I need a thicker one than stock.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is there a place that sells non standard thickness cylinder head gasket for the C30? I need a thicker one than stock.
Reason for thicker gasket?? There are several companies that offer multi-layer multi-metal gaskets. I can call my shop and see what type/brand they used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reason for thicker gasket?? There are several companies that offer multi-layer multi-metal gaskets. I can call my shop and see what type/brand they used.

My cylinder head is warped as well as the block so my mechanic said if we resurfaced both we are past the allowable limit thus the valves much touch the piston. He said a 20thousands gasket thickness would work. Much cheaper than buying a high mileage engine because shipping to Guam is 1.8K from CA to Guam. Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
My cylinder head is warped as well as the block so my mechanic said if we resurfaced both we are past the allowable limit thus the valves much touch the piston. He said a 20thousands gasket thickness would work. Much cheaper than buying a high mileage engine because shipping to Guam is 1.8K from CA to Guam. Thanks
Look into Athena gaskets. With a quick search I found turbozentrum.co.uk But I’m sure there are other resellers. They may have something that will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts