SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2008 S80 V8: I would like to make a custom secondary cat pipe, but want to avoid cutting up the original pipe.
I am looking for front and rear exhaust flanges that bolt into the rest of the factory system.
Does anyone have a old secondary cat pipe that they are willing to cut the front and rear flange off and sell before scraping the cats? Or does anyone know where I can buy just the flanges if possible?
Also, I am willing to buy the whole secondary cat pipes if someone is local (NH)

thanks much,

-Bill

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2008 S80 V8: I would like to make a custom secondary cat pipe, but want to avoid cutting up the original pipe.
I am looking for front and rear exhaust flanges that bolt into the rest of the factory system.
Does anyone have a old secondary cat pipe that they are willing to cut the front and rear flange off and sell before scraping the cats? Or does anyone know where I can buy just the flanges if possible?
Also, I am willing to buy the whole secondary cat pipes if someone is local (NH)

thanks much,

-Bill
Consider templating the flanges you need and simply having a 'neighborhood' fabrication shop make them up for you. For the template I'd take a manila folder, cover and trace the flange. You can also use painters tape for templating if the flanges are clean enough. Start at an edge and then lap strips of tape on each other to cover then use a razor or box knife to cut the outline. Trace the bolt holes on the tape with a pen or marker. Peel the painters tapes off starting from the strip you first applied, so they stay in one piece, and put that template on a piece of card stock, or a manila folder, or what have you that you can then take to a machine shop to have the flange fabricated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts