SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is for my buddy’s son’s car; he got an 850 HU with amp and most speakers. He’s told me the sw update is required to support his car. He’s using my VIDA , the car is a US spec. As this is a later can bus from mine I wasn’t sure…

He’s waiting to be verified to get on sweedspeed as well.

Thanks guys for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17,704 Posts
There will be a code for configuration but it will function correctly

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
There are downloads for amp + hu but they'll work fine without it, just will throw a silent code bc it's not what the car is expecting.

Turn off car, disconnect negative battery lead, wait a bit, put in hu/amp, key in pos ii + reconnect battery and you'll be fine. I've done this swap a few times. DO NOT disconnect CCM with battery connected

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried above, didn’t work! Just a popping sounds.
Any ideas!?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Tried above, didn’t work! Just a popping sounds.
Any ideas!?

You have the amp connected with the amp cable to the speakers, and the din cable connected to the rear of the HU? I'm not 100% if it matters which din connector it's in, but for kicks, which one did you connect it to?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Says he’s tried both … no go.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Says he’s tried both … no go.

Okay next step is to throw the hu650 back in, confirm it all works stock and nothing broke in the meantime, and then test the amp with that. It works identically to the 850 (without center channel tho) where you leave the speaker connector in the amp harness cable and the din connector in the back of the hu, if it works, dead 850. If it doesn't, dead amp.

Reactions: Oliovlov
1 - 9 of 9 Posts