SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there do any simple modifications to imrove the 2.5t power. Would a ECU tune even be worth doing without a turbo upgrade? I understand this to be a low pressure turbo and like having the instant boost of the low pressure turbo but I would like to increase the power overall if possible.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If my opinion replacing the turbo is worth it, all my mods are listed below and the 16t high pressure turbo with the stage 2 rica tune made a huge difference compared to the stock turbo on a stage 1 tune. Compared to stock it feels like a completely different car. However a turbo back exhaust is needed if your going to run a stage 2 tune. All worth it though, if I were to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing, however I might have gone with an 18t but for a daily I wanted to play it a little safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good info in here.
volvo-s60turbo Can you tell us where you purchased these mods at? For example your 3" downpipe exhaust etc...

·
Registered
877 Posts
16t was purchased from a member parting out a 2001 v70 t5 on here, they come up for sale all the time just make sure you ask about any play in the turbo how many miles if its been rebuilt all that good stuff usually you get truthful members on here. Downpipe was purchased on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-VOLVO-S60R-CAT-DELET-OBX-TURBO-DOWNPIPE-DOWN-PIPE-/390482409880?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aea90b998&vxp=mtr . My cat back section of my exhaust is a custom set up, 3in piping all the way back with a borla xr1 muffler and magnaflow high flow cat. Anything else you need to know just let me know.

Njgreenbudd had a great build thread with many of the same mods as me which helped me a lot when i first started modding. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?139559-NJGB-2002-S60-2.4T-AWD-Build-Pic-Thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts