SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip Computer: Option

On this page of the owners manual it lists the trip computer as an option, what information is available normally ? I was wondering if I was able to view estimated milage & fuel consumption etc..<br>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (mofolicious)

When I turn it it says DTSC ON, and No Messages... no other information or menu's are listed, I am guessing this vehicle doesn't have the trip computer option.<br>

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
avg mpg<br>avg mph<br>instantaneous mpg<br>odometer<br>miles to empty tank<p>all since last user reset or fill-up for miles-to-empty

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: (Scotts40)

Sounds for sure you don't have the trip computer option. It can be added pretty easily, but it does require a software download by the dealer, after installation.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This option is just software or is there some hardware that is required as well? Estimated cost?

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: (Scotts40)

Actually, it used to be that you needed hardware - the left-side stalk with the wheel wasn't standard. But in the new models with DSTC that use the stalk, instead of the console switch, it might not be that you need hardware.<p>Bottom line, ask your dealer for a quote. Since you'll need them to download the software, even if no hardware is needed, they're the only way to get it.<p>Tom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts