SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone know how to swap lock cylinders on the passenger glovebox. The door handle broke inside and will not disengage to open, I ordered a new door but don't have the key to the new lock. I am trying to take the old lock cylinder from my old glovebox and put it in the new door if possible.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well, VIDA shows the glove compartment lock cylinder as a separate part, so I assume it can be removed from the door. Unfortunately, I can't find the page in VIDA that shows how.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked it up using something similar to VIDA but I think it said under the part description that when changing the lock the door has to be replaced as well. I think my only option is to have a key made for the cylinder.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I made a post years ago about how to get into the glove box when this occurs. Do you have the old door off yet?

Get the old door off & Dremel the old lock out by cutting the old door from around it. This should expose how you may swap the lock over. Don't install the new lock into the new door.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made a post years ago about how to get into the glove box when this occurs. Do you have the old door off yet?

Get the old door off & Dremel the old lock out by cutting the old door from around it. This should expose how you may swap the lock over. Don't install the new lock into the new door.
I ended up swapping the whole glove box out for a different one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts