SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a few LEDs for my interior and was wondering how to remove the ceiling console off a 2008 Volvo S40?

Looks like this:

Also thinking about Plasti-Dipping the outer plastic part all around

·
Registered
723 Posts
pull straight down, gently while using a bone tool. Our S80 has an identical one and that is how ours came out. I had to buy the bulbs and sockets, as the stock bulbs did not want to come out of the sockets.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. I'm actually going back to my dealership now to get a few things fixed that they never mentioned such as the 12 Volts in the front and back, some long black tube was in the back seat and I've seen pictures of the tube being on top of the inside hood, and there's a small rattle in the engine bay making it sound weird at some points lol

So I'm going to ask them how to take that apart to replace with LEDs, plus I want to know how to replace the DRL in the 08 models with LEDs

·
Registered
117 Posts
My engine rattle is the snorkel being loose/cracked/old on a slightly separate note. The vid for the pre-face lift is on; for the pre-face lift..... Also IMHO vinyl might be a lil better on an interior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts