SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
421 Posts
You don’t install IE9. That’s for upgrading from IE8. You have to uninstall IE11 then IE10 to downgrade to IE9.

There’s no need to disable the firewall. you made it to the Vehicle details screen.

You can’t get into the diagnostic tab probably because IE11 is blocking the DiCE driver. Downgrade to IE9 and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks. I will uninstall IE11 as you suggest and see where that takes me.

BTW, how do you know I made it to the Vehicle details screen? I think I'm just looking at the data from the database... not the vehicle.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I wrote Details instead of profile, sorry.

But nonetheless you already made it to VIDA.

Before downgrading to IE9 try to select the correct value for your car in the transmission field and click on “Ok” then check if it lets you navigate the other tabs.

The vehicle details is in the diagnostics tab. And it will tell you the values it reads from your car.

Have you tried clicking in the “read vehicle” option above the VIN field?
That should read the VIN automatically from your car and complete the vehicle profile data.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Aaaarrrgg! I uninstalled IE11, which left no version, so I installed IE10 and then deleted the update to IE10 which Left IE8. VIDA/DICE does not respond to IE8.

Now, when I try to load IE9, I get the message I got previously that IE9 is not compatible with my OS (Windows Professional 7)

Back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Make sure you have the correct IE9 installer for your version of windows, (I.E.: if you have a 64-bit windows download the x64 installer, if your windows is 32-bit download the x86)

to check that you go to: start menu -> right button click on "Computer", Then click on "Properties", a screen will pop up, look at the System section, there's a line where it says "System type:". It can be "64-bit Operating system" or "32-bit Operating system".

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks!

I actually reloaded IE10 and the software works. As you suggested, I added entered the transmission data to the vehicle info and, "Voila!", the system is able to read the diagnostic info... Now I have to figure out what I need to do with it... Plenty of error codes not related to the roof (cylinder misfires, etc) but I will get back to those at a later date.

WRT to roof, as I mentioned before, my mechanic let me use his "Scanpad 071" which identified a faulty Hall Sensor 19. Strangely enough, the VIDA/DICE doesn't even reference that hall sensor. (see attached screen capture)

What am I missing?

Where should I be looking for complete diagnostic info?

Thanks for your continued help!

·
Registered
421 Posts
For some reason VIDA didn't read the rest of the modules in the car. Make sure you turn the ignition key to the second position. and read the car again.

That's probably the reason is not showing the values in the diagnostic data.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I read the car again and still no indication of Hall Sensors 18 or 19... I will continue to investigate as I learn more about what I can do with VIDA / DICE.

That said, I have solve the problem with the roof malfunctioning.

My mechanic's "Scanpad 071" indicated either a faulty Hall Sensor 19 or a short. When I looked at the cable where it was touted around one of the liner hinges, there was a plastic hinge cap which was out of position and the cable looked like it had worn in that area, potentially waring through the insulation, a potential short. So, I wrapped the effective area with electricians tape and... problem solved. The roof works like a champ.

The guy I purchased the car from was told by a Volvo dealer that all of the cables would need to be replace at a cost of $2,500. I did it for the $5.49 cost of a roll of Electrician's tape.... and help from my friends :)

Thanks all.

·
Registered
421 Posts
congrats! glad to hear you got it fixed!

In the screenshot you posted previously, only the EPS, ECM, TCM, SWM and CEM are in green, the rest (ICM, DIM, SRS, AUD, CRM, etc) are not, and that indicates VIDA is not communicating to those modules. that's the reason you can't read the values of the CRM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
congrats! glad to hear you got it fixed!

In the screenshot you posted previously, only the EPS, ECM, TCM, SWM and CEM are in green, the rest (ICM, DIM, SRS, AUD, CRM, etc) are not, and that indicates VIDA is not communicating to those modules. that's the reason you can't read the values of the CRM.
Why would VIDA communicate with some modules but not others?

Also, is there a user's guide to VIDA? There doesn't appear to be one on the CD that came with the unit and the seller has not indicated there is.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don’t know, It happened to me a few times and it fixed itself after restarting the pc and reconnecting the DiCE.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The wire going to haul sensor 19 where it went around part of the roof frame mechanism was a little worn… That wire is just above the drivers headrest when the roof is open a little

21 - 36 of 36 Posts