SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to remove the battery and battery box to get access to the PB Booster to replace this sensor?

"Engine Service Required" light and Cruise Control intermittently inoperative. Dealer diagnosed. Tasca Part Number : 30665607

Use of search revealed multiple threads on how to replace the sensor...but not how to get to it or where it's located in the engine compartment on a P1 C70.

Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had to do some research on this myself. The sensor is located in the power brake booster, which is located behind the brake fluid reservoir. It actually bolts to it. The sensor is to the left and behind the reservoir. Looks like you need to remove quite a bit to get to it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pic SoCal. I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a lot of removing of parts/systems to get to it...and I wouldn't want to screw up the order, etc.

With apologies to Forum Administrators - I think I'll post on the S40/V50 Forum (I have an '05 V50) as a P1 Platform question. Maybe someone has access to VIDAS and can send a link to a step-by-step?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts