SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2008 C30 factory HID/Xenon to Halogen?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kerncj 
#1 · (Edited)
My daughter has a 2008 Volvo C30. She got
in a minor accident and broke the passenger side headlight assembly. To replace the HID/Xenon it almost $1000. I'd rather install 2 halogen assemblies for a fraction of the cost of 1 HID/Xenon. Can I go from factory HID/Xenon to halogen? I know there are electrical harness adapters, can they be removed from factory wiring? Is there a difference in the actual headlight assembly between the two headlights? If it's the electrical harness/bulb that makes it HID, why does the headlight housing assembly make a difference? Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
I am planning on doing myself, but dropping $1000 on a new HID/xenon headlight assembly is not worth it. The car is roughly worth $4000, so it's a big expense and it my daughters. To replace both headlights and downgrade to halogen is only about $450. So there in lies the dilemma. If I do this then they will both be halogen and match. I am just having difficulty finding information on going from factory HID/Xenon to aftermarket halogen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.