SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m in need of a replacement rear view mirror for my 2007 XC90. The glass itself looks awful with black lines, but works well otherwise. What’s the easiest way to tackle this? A used one on eBay or just replacing the glass?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

I just went through the same issue and ended up buying one of those attachment mirrors from amazon for like 15 bucks because I bought one used on ebay and installed it, it looked perfect but my key remote didn't work so you can install one but your key remote won't work.

Here is what I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07567QLTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IS this a common issue with the key fob not working? I would like to retain the compass and the auto dim feature. I wonder if the part you bought could be installed with your hardware so the mirror looks new..?

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can definitely buy a used one and try to remove the mirror only and keep your original body however it seemed a lot of work. There is a video on youtube how to remove that mirror.
You may want to ask the dealer about the hardware installation.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The autodim mirrors on BMWs leaked a fluid. They could be repaired for about $100. Search BMW fishbowl mirror. The same place will probably be able to fix the volvo mirror

1 - 5 of 5 Posts