SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, new member with first post and first Volvo. Just got an 07 XC90 V8 AWD with 100K miles as my first car. It's pretty awesome but there are a couple things I wanted to ask.

First is that the center console is broken. The top section falls off when I try to open it. The tabs holding in place are broken and it looks like the previous owner glued it back to place and now the glue broke. I could probably fix it, but was wondering if I could replace it and how hoard it would be to do so. I saw this http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Volvo-2003-2014-Console-Armrest/dp/B00I1K3LP2
On Amazon but wasn't sure if it would work.

Second is floor mats. I was thinking about getting a set of the cheaper weather techs and was curious if y'all had any other recommendations. I am also planning on getting the cargo mat for the back (I don't plan on using the third rows). Would ordering from Amazon be ok? There is a lot of options for them to mess up :)

Finally, it only came with one key fob. How much do you think it would cost to get another one? This isn't a must do kind of thing, I was just curious.

Sorry for the long post, but it was the best I could do. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The key fob is going to be between $300 and $400. If it's not a must, don't do it. The center console is easy. Two screws hold it in place, and the part that you have linked is correct, depending on the exterior color. I have a pair of Costco mats, but I just found out the hard way they don't cover everything. When I was running the wiring for my light bar I found the OEM mat and floor were soaked. Not just somewhat damp, but put pressure on it with your hand and water puddles out. I will be getting Weather Techs shortly! You should post pictures of your 90! And congrats on the purchase! You'll love it!

BTW your post is actually fairly short, most people would put more details and a couple pictures for the center console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know that the fobs are crazy expensive so that will wait. The center console looks to be just what I need. I'm about to go out and look and see how to take of off the leather top and if I can do it, I will probably order it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depending on where you live the money on a fob my be better served with getting a remote start. I like FCPEuro and TascaParts for some things.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Ive been buying from FCP and Tasca. They usually have the best prices. RMEuropean.com is also a good place. They are convenient for me. I pay sales tax, but my wife can pick up the parts usually the next day and there is no shipping.

Where are you located? I have a set of the basic weather techs in the garage. I replaced them with the better ones.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
if you want to save some money, check out www.erievovo.com for recycled XC90 parts. They have an eBay page, if you don't see it, give them a call.

I just pulled my center console today to fix the stuck rear cup holder and to run an iPod cable up and inside the console.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Does anyone else's center console come completely out of the car? I just pull a lever on the bottom, and out it comes! Also, my center console top is 2 parts. If you wanted the food tray in the back for kids, and still have a place to rest your arm in the front. I put my phone in there when I leave the car briefly because it's near impossible to notice. I didn't know my car had it for a year, and I drove it every day!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My car also only came with one key and I spent the first month owning it terrified of losing my key. And you know what's worse than being terrified of losing it? Actually losing it.

I paid 3000 SEK (around $350) for mine but that's the P3 volvo version (that doesn't use the key blade to start the car). I think the P2 ones, like the one you'll need, is a bit more expensive. But I'd for one would start off with that and retire the old key to some place safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not too worried about losing the fob. If I do, I have a basic key to actually start the car.

I did remember my other questions though. The rear view mirror is kinda messed up. There are splotches wear it doesn't reflect, if that makes since. The best way I could describe it would be as if someone burned through the actual refelctice coating with an acid or something. Is there any easy fix for this other than buying a whole new mirror?

Also, do y'all have any aux to Bluetooth adapters? I want to get one but am not sure if I want a completely witless unit that I have to charge or the clunkier ones that plug into the aux input and the 12V power supply. Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just pulled my center console today to fix the stuck rear cup holder and to run an iPod cable up and inside the console.
waaah??? My cup holder back there has been stuck for years. How is this fixed? Take out the console a shake it upside down?

Also, the Weathertek mats are the best mat for the money. I abuse mine tremendously. I'm probably on my 4th or 5th cargo mat over 2 Volvos & 15 years. I like the deeper mats to hold debris in and on the mat. especially as you are pulling the mats out to clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little unrelated, but do y'all know if they second row 12v power source only comes on with the engine? I am thinking about wiring a wired Bluetooth adapter up the console so as to avoid using the front power source and having a bunch of wires running across the shifter.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yes, it is on at accessory position or higher. You will lose the ability to take out the center console though. Why not just wire it into the 12 volt, but behind the dash. Splice it in, then run the cables covertly to where you want. Did you Windex the mirror? The spots could just be grease.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I ordered a full set of Weathertechs and the Kinovo Bluetooth adapter. I am going to try and fix the console myself before shelling $100 on a new one.

The reason I didn't want to wire it through the dash is simplicity. I probably won't actually send the wire through the console, but around the side. We will see how it works though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts