SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My family picked up a 2007 XC90 about a month ago and I have one question that I have not been able to find the answer to yet. When you leave your XC90 and press the lock button on the key fob the lights on the vehicle flash but there is no audible noise to indicate the vehicle locked. MY12 S60 makes a chirping noise and the lights flash when I lock that car....is the XC90 supposed to make any noise like a chirp or honk when the vehicle is locked???

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
136 Posts
My 2004, and 2007 XC90's do not chirp. Neither does my 2012 C70. All the lights flash, but there is no chirp/honk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You could maybe wire in a small horn if you wanted noise. Personally I like the quiet lock/unlock. I can hear the levers click, no need for it to yell at me.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If there was a diy, I would totally do it. I don't know how many times I've gone back to check or wondered if I locked it. It's even more annoying that it doesn't flash the lights when I unlock it.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
If there was a diy, I would totally do it. ... It's even more annoying that it doesn't flash the lights when I unlock it.
Yep, me too. I've only had my 08 XC90 for one day and my wife is already upset she can't tell if it received her unlock command. Seems silly I know, if you get there and it's locked, do it again but we're used to other cars flashing or chirping when locking or unlocking. Is there a way to flash on remote unlocking?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Good news is that there are a number of options for visual confirmation of lock and unlock plus single unlock. No audio confirmation, just visual.

Bad news it that they are software downloads that need to be purchased unless you were fortunate enough to have caught it at your first service and had a good dealer that was willing to do it for free. Or got it done as some have noted during OSD.

Got the single unlock with visual confirmation for lock (single light flash) and unlock (double light flash) gratis when I bought my '05. When I got my '08 last summer and wanted it to be like my '05, I had to pay for 3 separate software loads. It was not trivial ($200 or so, won't go look for my receipt, it'll just p**s me off).

See http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?93370-Info-on-various-XC90-software-upgrades for some examples of what can be customized should you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

·
Registered
834 Posts
My V50 has the option to select the visual confirmation for lock and unlock through the menu in the radio. You can select no flash, a single flash for lock only, or a single flash for lock with a double flash for unlock. Our XC90 flashes for both but I haven't looked for a way to change it since that is our preferred mode of operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
MY07+, can set for automatic locking when vehicle gets above 5mph (does not auto unlock when car is turned off) but anything which relates to changing visual confirmation or single versus double press unlocking needs to be done via dealer SW. The folks in Ghent must have been smarter than the folks in Torslanda I guess.

Activating/deactivating automatic locking:
1. Turn the ignition key to position I or II.
2. Press the READ button on the left-side steering wheel lever to erase any messages that may be displayed in the information display.
3. Depress the central locking button on the control panel until a new message about the locking status is displayed.
The message AUTOLOCK ON (the doors will be locked when the vehicle begins to move) or AUTOLOCK OFF will be displayed.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Don't get me started in the folks in Ghent... our real Ford Focus has less rattles than our luxury, Swedish Ford Focus.

Interesting on the dealer software note though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts