SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planing to install a new condenser (mine's beat up from road driving) and the Compressor Control Valve.
My plan is to
1.- Remove refrigerant wit machine.
2.- Remove old Condenser and Valve.
2.- Add 2 oz of pag oil to the new condenser
3.- Install the new control valve and condenser.
4.- Vacuum system for 30 min and wait another 30 min to see is system has no leak.
5.- Recharge with 2.2 Lib of 134a refrigerant.
6.- Remove Cabin Filter
7.- Clean inside Ducts with AC foam cleaner
8.- Add new cabin filter

What do you guys think that I'm good with the steps?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
236 Posts
and here's me just thinking about spraying down the condenser with nubrite for a bit of clean... are you having any leaks or issues? or just doing as a preventative thing?

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I think you're going to encounter either Murphy's Law or the the Law of Unintended Consequences. If the AC works, it is best to leave it alone, IMHO. The condenser can be treated in place with cleaners and air or water pressure. If the fins are damaged, there are fin combs to straighten them. If the system functions and has not been opened, there should be no need to add oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and here's me just thinking about spraying down the condenser with nubrite for a bit of clean... are you having any leaks or issues? or just doing as a preventative thing?
Thanks but I already cleaned the Condenser and I still have the same results. I tried to fix some fins but it is an endless task.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Thanks but I already cleaned the Condenser and I still have the same results. I tried to fix some fins but it is an endless task.
Aha! So there is a problem with the AC performance? Fin combs do a quick and easy job. THIS type of fin comb will get to the more difficult areas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(Solved) 2007 XC90 Condenser and Compressor Control Valve + AC Maintanace

So the problem was the control valve. I did all the steps but the valve bacause they send me a wrong valve.
I cleaned the system, changed the condenser, vacuum and filled with no luck.
Then i replace the valve,vacuum and refill and now it's blowing cold again.
Thanks gys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts