SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow, that XC is impeccable. That was the exact spec (low miles, black on black, 07) that I was looking for before I got my Audi.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
A shame it comes from the rust belt of our country
I just bought a Barents Blue 07 for someone with 51K miles
There is a 2004 with 31K miles coming for sale next week!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Looks to be in great condition but the owner of this car should be getting the oil changed more often than every 18 months to 2 years, IMHO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A shame it comes from the rust belt of our country
I just bought a Barents Blue 07 for someone with 51K miles
There is a 2004 with 31K miles coming for sale next week!

Congratulations.

This car has not seen anywhere near the amount of salt as your typical snow belt vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks to be in great condition but the owner of this car should be getting the oil changed more often than every 18 months to 2 years, IMHO.
I'm not sure what you are basing your facts on.

The average interval for the oil changes was 9 months/3300 miles (I have paperwork proof if you would like to see it)

It had one oil change that was 15 months/3750 miles on a slow mileage year but that was an outlier.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts

The average interval for the oil changes was 9 months/3300 miles (I have paperwork proof if you would like to see it)

It had one oil change that was 15 months/3750 miles on a slow mileage year but that was an outlier.
It's the argument of time vs. mileage. Letting the oil sit in the car for 9 months-15 months isn't necessarily a good thing. I would change the oil every 6 months regardless... However, my usual oil change is every 4 months because that's 4-6k miles of driving.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's the argument of time vs. mileage. Letting the oil sit in the car for 9 months-15 months isn't necessarily a good thing. I would change the oil every 6 months regardless... However, my usual oil change is every 4 months because that's 4-6k miles of driving.
I'm not debating the mechanics and intricacies of oil changes. It was the "18-24 months between oil changes" that was presented, I felt it needed to be corrected.

10 oil changes in 8 years from 4800 miles to 38,500 miles.

It's possible the poster may have been referring to the dates on the maintenance service records stamps in the Owner's Manual. There were extra oil changes performed at 3,300 mile intervals
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I don't get why jrl is allowed to isht on someone else's for sale thread. If anyone did that to him he's go whining to admin and get everyone banned.

Good luck with your sale VNH. If I was in the market for an XC yours would be on the top of my list.

·
Registered
538 Posts
GLWS - I missed out on a white 2007 XC70 with 65K KM's (40K miles) last week by 1/2 hour. The car was a original senior owner, with every service receipt since new and in as showroom condition as possible. In short, it was ridiculously mint. He was asking $12,900 CDN and it sold for full price while I was enroute with a deposit. Curses!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does yours have thiRd row seats by any chance?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts

Was looking at the ebay ad with the picture of the service book.

For example, there was a service done on April 6, 2011 and then it appears that the next service was done on July 13, 2013. If there was no intervening service done then it was over 2 years between services.

If you had other services done then you may want to point that out in your ad. GLWS!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was looking at the ebay ad with the picture of the service book.

For example, there was a service done on April 6, 2011 and then it appears that the next service was done on July 13, 2013. If there was no intervening service done then it was over 2 years between services.

If you had other services done then you may want to point that out in your ad. GLWS!
My apologies Wayne. I can see how you would of thought that now. Good point on the ad and it will be part of an update.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't get why jrl is allowed to isht on someone else's for sale thread. If anyone did that to him he's go whining to admin and get everyone banned.
Yeah, why is JRL allowed to shill his cars in everyone elses' sale threads?

"Hey everybody look! My car is better than yours and you should totally buy it because I know what I'm doing!"

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I just said it was too bad, that's all, not crapping on the car one bit... I think it's lovely.
I've just had a few Volvos from that area of the country with low miles but they had some years on them and while they looked and ran great, some of them that were driven almost every day regardless of the weather were a bit hard to work on.
His Ebay auction is doing just fine with many days left. He should get what he wants and that's what's important not your or my comment

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Guys please... P2 was nice...P3 lightyears better...P2 a bit done.

I think its either 2015.5(70) or 2016(90)... Rest is for people with a hobby like me, and like most of us.

If we had the money we would buy 'it' but untill then; its pimping and retrofitting 'till we drop and you know it. Helps to keep the dream alive in some way (...)

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys please... P2 was nice...P3 lightyears better...P2 a bit done.

I think its either 2015.5(70) or 2016(90)... Rest is for people with a hobby like me, and like most of us.

If we had the money we would buy 'it' but untill then; its pimping and retrofitting 'till we drop and you know it. Helps to keep the dream alive in some way (...)

XC70 2011 D5
I just got back from England and did not see one P2 XC/V70. Plenty of the P3s though. Strange as over in the States, especially New England, they are prevalent.

I'm assuming you are in one of the Euro Countries with your D5 tagline.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts