SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Car: 2007 Volvo V70R, with premium audio, dead HU-850, no cell, no TV package and factory subwoofer in Canada.

Problem, where to get an "amp on" power signal when it is not supplied with the head unit ... what aftermarket head unit manufacturer would do such a thing ... how did you guess? :)

Problem: I am looking for an ignition switched power source / ACC in the cabin to tell the audio amp it is time to power up. I do not want to splice / tap for corrosion reasons, so I am looking to tap into a fuse panel with an empty slot.

There are two fuse panels in the driver area that I found. One at the driver side door and another buried near the OBDII port. I have not found a way to get a probe into the one by the OBDII port yet, but the one by the door seems to be hot all the time or hot all the time I am testing it... Does this panel get powered off on a timer and turned on with a door unlock or door open signal to the ECU or some similar set of On/Off events?

If the driver door fuse panel turns off and on with some condition then this could be sufficient. Is this where smart people would connect to turn an amp on in this situation? (Now, now... no need for jokes about smart people and people who buy these aftermarket radios.) ;)

Thank you!

·
Registered
573 Posts
There's an ACC wire in the factory harness behind/connecting to the head unit. Could you tap that off your HU for your signal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's an ACC wire in the factory harness behind/connecting to the head unit. Could you tap that off your HU for your signal?
That is an option. I would rather avoid any chance of corrosion mid-wire and find the source at which that signal comes from and tap into that. I am hoping it is from a fuse panel. I assume, because it is a low draw circuit it may be straight from the ECU or other control module at which point it may be time for a soldered splice.

I am having a hard time finding detailed wiring diagrams in the VIDA Dice I am using. It is still very new to me so I likely am not clicking in the right place or I am missing these files.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts