SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Volvo S40 jumps hard into Drive from Parking mode ...
This is an automatic transmission S40 with a 2.4i engine.
It has 135,000 miles ...
Did transmission flush and added Lucas oil.
Overall runs much smoother now, but the one complaint.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
And your idle is normal I assume? How about if you go into neutral first? Could be engine or tranny mount related.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm inclined to the tranny scenario more due to a delay occurring once shift into Drive; no problem with the reverse and neutral;
Once on Drive you experience a pause and then a hard push forward...
Any other ideas : the tranny control solenoid..? : How would that scenario be?
thanks

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i had hard shifts into park into reverse(especially when facing slightly downhill)
If your resting the car on the transmission in park instead of using the parking brake, even if the hill is small, it will be more clunky getting into gear.
I park on a steep hill and have to use the parking brake, without it the car clunks really really hard, but it does the same even if the hill is smaller.

Look into replacing the lower trans mount. That should help, if im understanding your problem correctly.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Did transmission flush and added Lucas oil.
Question...was it a flush or a drain and fill?

We've all heard rumours that flushing the system under pressure can cause problems. Draining, filling, draining, filling seems to be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i had hard shifts into park into reverse(especially when facing slightly downhill)
If your resting the car on the transmission in park instead of using the parking brake, even if the hill is small, it will be more clunky getting into gear.
I park on a steep hill and have to use the parking brake, without it the car clunks really really hard, but it does the same even if the hill is smaller.

Look into replacing the lower trans mount. That should help, if im understanding your problem correctly.
When I bought mine the parking brake didn't function. Where I park it's a slight incline but enough to jam it. I used to put a big stick in my driveway to drive over and rest of the back wheels on that until I fixed the ebrake.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replaced both lower mount and upper right side mount which were really in quite bad shape..
Condition improved dramatically. The flush was done on a drain from return and fill down the
check level tube... This was done a quart at a time... Much more smoother ride at present..

thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now have developed a return of infamous P0089 code which I thought resolved since replaced FPS .. That time the code resolved itself..
At present time fuel pressure 40psi on and engine off and 80 psi on engine on ; notice throws a peak every min or so close to 100 psi.
Needle constantly shaking... Any idea what could be causing the P0089..

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts