SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've been reading the forum and posting for some time but am a brand-new member. I'm happy to be able to talk to a bunch of knowledgeable Volvo enthusiasts.

I very recently bought a '07 V70R auto, and naturally, the more I drive it the more I'm attuned to the car, the more stuff I find that are little annoyances and the more noises I hear.

The first annoyance is on light acceleration, it seems as though there is a half-second "dead" spot. Doesn't seem to happen in manual mode, and it seems much less pronounced in sport mode. Is this just a function of the throttle-by-wire on the car. I had a Nissan Maxima that had some strange throttle inputs that were attributed to the throttle servo.

The second issue is a noise that is concerning. On deceleration, just before coming to a complete stop, I hear a metallic "click" coming from underneath the car. I only occurs after the car has been up through a few gears, and I still get the noise when the trans is in manual mode or in sport. I cannot pinpoint the noise, but it sounds like it could be coming from different areas underneath the car. The car only has 23K on it.

I know these are weird questions, but I want to see what you all thought before I took it to the dealer.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2007 v70R drive train Noises (vlvman)

Thanks! That makes sense, especially given the fact that the noise seems to "move" around. Do you think if I go in equipped with the axle ping info, I can bypass the locktite fix, or is it that the hoop the dealer is going to make me jump through?

Again, I appreciate the info!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.