SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've been reading the forum and posting for some time but am a brand-new member. I'm happy to be able to talk to a bunch of knowledgeable Volvo enthusiasts.

I very recently bought a '07 V70R auto, and naturally, the more I drive it the more I'm attuned to the car, the more stuff I find that are little annoyances and the more noises I hear.

The first annoyance is on light acceleration, it seems as though there is a half-second "dead" spot. Doesn't seem to happen in manual mode, and it seems much less pronounced in sport mode. Is this just a function of the throttle-by-wire on the car. I had a Nissan Maxima that had some strange throttle inputs that were attributed to the throttle servo.

The second issue is a noise that is concerning. On deceleration, just before coming to a complete stop, I hear a metallic "click" coming from underneath the car. I only occurs after the car has been up through a few gears, and I still get the noise when the trans is in manual mode or in sport. I cannot pinpoint the noise, but it sounds like it could be coming from different areas underneath the car. The car only has 23K on it.

I know these are weird questions, but I want to see what you all thought before I took it to the dealer.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: 2007 v70R drive train Noises (DKinIdaho)

Welcome to the forum. The second concern sounds like axle ping. The axle bolts are held into the hub with a single bolt which comes loose. Dealer will first apply thread locking compound to the bolt which will not fix the problem than they will replace the bolts with the ones used on the XC90 which will cure the problem. Search axle ping using the google search function on this forum for more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2007 v70R drive train Noises (vlvman)

Thanks! That makes sense, especially given the fact that the noise seems to "move" around. Do you think if I go in equipped with the axle ping info, I can bypass the locktite fix, or is it that the hoop the dealer is going to make me jump through?

Again, I appreciate the info!!

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DKinIdaho »
Thanks! That makes sense, especially given the fact that the noise seems to "move" around. Do you think if I go in equipped with the axle ping info, I can bypass the locktite fix, or is it that the hoop the dealer is going to make me jump through?

I would think in Idaho they wouldn't even know about it
It's not an "approved" fix so, yes, you probably will have to jump through hoops

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DKinIdaho »

If you have a torque wrench and 30 minutes you can do it yourself. The gas pedal is a bit dead on initial dip-in. I think that's just the DBW.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

Look forward to spotting you cruising

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.