SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. I'm in the process of replacing the struts on my 2007 V70R and I just realized I'll have to calibrate them. I was doing some reading and it looks like I need an OBD to ethernet adapter plus download and pay for the software or take it in to volvo. Only problem is I'm doing an out of province safety on the car and I'm 200k away from a Volvo dealer and I don't have an OBD to ethernet adapter.

What I do have is a regular OBD to usb adapter and I also have Volkswagen's VCDS - also OBD to usb adapter. Is there any way for me to use either of these tools to do the calibration? (With whatever software I need to download and pay for?)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good day. I'm in the process of replacing the struts on my 2007 V70R and I just realized I'll have to calibrate them. I was doing some reading and it looks like I need an OBD to ethernet adapter plus download and pay for the software or take it in to volvo. Only problem is I'm doing an out of province safety on the car and I'm 200k away from a Volvo dealer and I don't have an OBD to ethernet adapter.

What I do have is a regular OBD to usb adapter and I also have Volkswagen's VCDS - also OBD to usb adapter. Is there any way for me to use either of these tools to do the calibration? (With whatever software I need to download and pay for?)

Thanks in advance.
The OBDII to USB box is called DiCE and the software you are looking for is VIDA, both specifically for Volvos - you can get these typically for ~$100-$150 (mostly depending on where they ship from) from various online retailers and it included both of the aforementioned items.

Unfortunately, I do not know if a regular OBD to USD or if VCDS will work - my guess is that it will not, but I am not certain.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have you heard of this:

https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=info.vida.thisIsVida

With this pricing:

https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=info.subscriptions.vidaPricing

I'm not sure if I can do what I need with this and whether my usb hardware is compatible.
Yes, that is the official Volvo VIDA subscription, which Volvo dealers use for software updates etc.

However, if you get a cloned/"bootleg" unit of DiCE (which also comes with a cloned/"bootleg" copy of VIDA), you do not need to pay more than what you paid for the unit. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts