SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V70 is completely stock. For some time now experiencing a harsh tide. Driving over a manhole cover or a pothole is bone jarring. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,304 Posts
17" wheels? Sport Suspension? Post up a pic and we can help you figure it out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depending on how many miles you have...

Around 100-120K miles, you will need to go through all the suspension bits. I swapped out struts, spring seats, bearing plates, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods and the sway bar links at 120K. I got a little "nervous" steering around 160K miles, which turned out to be my sub frame bushings. The IPD inserts are a half-assed band-aid. I'd skip them.

With the new bushings, the car had not only lost the nervousness on grooves and edges in the pavement, but it was also FAR more planted on rough roads and washboards. What previously felt a little rough and jarring was now new-car smooth.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You don't need to swap EVERYTHING but I have the same car. I bought it with 103K miles and a month later installed new struts and shocks (obviously with new spring seats).
Made a HUGE difference.
The rear suspension is relatively crude for a modern car and will always shock you a bit on bad bumps, but if it's stock and with 16" wheels, it should be very light.
17" wheels are always a bit rougher.
It also depends on your tires and tire PRESSURE. If you're running over 36 lbs. it WILL be rough!
Mine, before and after;

·
Registered
391 Posts
Springs seats and struts more than likely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts