SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I've got my eye on a 2007 V50 T5. It's an AWD with the tiptronic gearbox. On further inspection, it appears the rear differential is on its way out, and the u-joint on the propshaft is intensely worn.

Could you please help me on the following solutions?

1. Replace both units, but where would you recommend I source these parts (residing in Canada) & what would you suggest?

2. Disconnect propshaft, secure holes & run in FWD until further notice (temporary backup solution if required).

3. Put my tail between my legs & run away as fast as possible. These are expensive components & ridiculously labor intensive.

4. I'll be looking to do modifications in the future to raise the power. Nothing record breaking, 350whp or there abouts would be enjoyable. Looking for a good compromise of performance to reliability. Could be a crucial factor in deciding the right approach as I honestly have no idea what the AWD auto drivetrain can tolerate.

Notes: I'm pretty handy with tools, have use of a 4 post ramp & an experienced mechanic for guidance. Would not need the car repaired too promptly, could store during the Winter months.

Lastly, I'd like to thank you all for your assistance in advance. When I first moved here I bought a 99 V70R in laser blue, which sadly took an unplanned retirement. The car in question is like it's reincarnation, so I'm motivated to see this move forward.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'll be looking to do modifications in the future to raise the power. Nothing record breaking, 350whp or there abouts would be enjoyable. Looking for a good compromise of performance to reliability. Could be a crucial factor in deciding the right approach as I honestly have no idea what the AWD auto drivetrain can tolerate.
i dont know if the 5spd auto would handle 350whp. im somewhere close to 250whp maybe 240. so maybe it could be done-- im not sure how much power a k16 would make but i think you can still upgrade to that with the auto transmission.
used parts : http://www.erievolvo.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts