SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found two leaks in my recent purchase of a 07 S80 from the washer fluid reservoir. One was around the float sensor, the other was a previous repair with 6 inches of rubber hose connecting to the thin-wall high pressure running separated I'm by the pressure blasting the two pieces apart at the repair/transition.

I shoved them back together and used glue...now waiting overnight to dry.

Anyone else have a solution to this problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Leak around the sensor or pumps can be fixed with new rubber grommet from ipd, mine just needed some silicone faucet lube massaged on it and reseated. Rather than buy the high pressure hose assy, I used gorilla glue on both ends of a short piece (5") of rubber between the sprayer and split plastic (after cutting it flush). Glue dried overnight. Worked great today! No leaks, so I filled it all the way up with washer fluid for the first time since buying this car. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just found a problem with my reservior today. I filled about 1.5 gallons of washer fluid into the reservoir. 2 hours later, my low washer fluid indicator came on. Added another 1.5 gallon and it all drained out with 15 minutes. I took apart the wheel well liner and found out that the hose that goes to the headlamp washers was cracked.

The hose to the headlamp washers is a plastic ribbed hose. The ribs had cracked right after the Y splitter, and because they were the lowest part of the system, they would drain the whole reservoir.

The headlamp washer hose is PN: 30655069

I can't justify paying $90 CAD and taking apart my bumper this winter. I rotated the hose coming from the headlamp washer pump vertically towards the top of the reservoir and pulled fuse 24 from under the hood. My window washers work now and I'll be replacing the hose with some rubber hose this coming spring.

·
Registered
174 Posts
have had the same problem.glued it two times already.it won't hold.it will just keep on cracking in another place.solution.rehoseing with another rubber hose or new part.till now,i just could't idetify the part.for me it seemed a little more complicated part,than it looks in the picture.thanks.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
In sweden at least you're required to have them if you have xenons so I'd assume you'd fail your MOT if you remove them. But either way, just turn your light knob to parking lights and your headlights wont spray.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.