SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So, I've had my car for several months. When I first got it, the phone didn't turn on when the car was started.

About 2 months ago, I noticed the light was coming on for the first time, and the phone was working! Yay!

Sucessfully paired it with my iphone and it worked for about 2 weeks, then stopped. Again, it doesn't turn on when the car starts.

I had noticed that it turned on approx 90% of the time, not all the time, while it was working.

So, I'm thinking a connection is loose or something like that, but not sure where to start to check for that.

I recently had the waterfall console off while making a switch on that, and it looked like all the wiring for the phone was behind the radio, and not accessible there.

None of my searches turned up any info with this kind of problem, so hoping someone has a good idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NJs80, thank you for the help.

The link helped me to identify wiring under the console that belongs to the phone.

Unfortunately, my (unskilled) fiddling and whatnot didn't get the phone to start working.

All connections seem to be ok.

Maybe my indie will take a look at it - he signed off at the word Bluetooth (old school mechanic), but if I tell him it's electronic...

I've pretty much gotten it in my head that I want it working again, so may go to my local dealer.

Thanks again!

·
3,391 Posts
If all of the connections look good, I recommend replacing the bluetooth module. You can use the module from a Motorola IHF-1000 as it's the same exact unit and they're readily available for around 100 bucks online. The only difference is the phone will say "IHF-1000" Rather than "VOLVO For Life" on the screen when you pair the phone.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
itwontstopsnowin, when you say the Bluetooth module, do you mean the part with the buttons on the dash, or the unit that goes into the sidewall of the passenger compartment?
Thanks, Cynthia

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my finicky phone fired up yesterday and again today. I guess I will see what she has in store for me in the future. :)

I had been considering replacing the dash unit only, since pretty certain I don't need the whole kit.

They're available on Bonanza for cheap, around 23.00, and supposed to be new. If anyone wants to replace it or update the look of the older model, the Motorola number is 0143700Z01.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts