SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2007 s60 2.5t , black, low miles, under 50k, in shop for all necessary repairs now plus new tires, body plastic nicked up pretty good from city use, and would like a station wagon, so, ballpark, what Volvo Wagon would be a good straight up trade, just spitballing',,,,,for fun-

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
So many factors at play here, but the short answer is similar year or a little older.

Since 07 was the last year of the P2 V70 & XC70, they seem to be more popular. Anything post face lift would be a good trade if you can find it (06-07).
That being said, an 07 V70 would usually be cheaper than a similar XC70, unless you found an absolutely mint/loaded V70.

But again, so many factors at play. You can get an 07 XC70 in poor shape for 2 grand, a mint one may be asking 8 grand (not that it's worth that, but asking prices are all over)

And even though your car is low miles, it's still a 12 year old car so unless you find an enthusiast, the general public probably wouldn't go for a high price point.

But, if you're looking for fun, I personally would be looking for a XC as it'd be better suited for my current & future lifestyle:
An 06 Ocean Race XC70,
Or a mint 07 XC70 with all the bells and whistles
Or an 08-09 2.5T XC70 (I'm comfortable with this motor)
Or an 08-10 T6 XC70

The XC60's have dropped in price a lot, but I personally wouldn't want one, they lack the wagon feel or the suv feel, they're just a weird crossover to me

:)

·
Registered
447 Posts
I definitely agree on the xc60s, while I think the facelifted first gen R-designs look great, it’s not really a direct cross-shop comparable for OPs current s60. My personal choice would be a loaded P2 xc70 or xc90. Hopefully that’ll be my next car in either Magic Blue, Ruby Red, or silver.

OP- about a year and a half ago I was at a similar spot to where i think you are right now. My 05 S60 had somewhere over 120k miles on it, and it was in the shop looking at over $4k in maintenance/repairs. I had been fighting off the itch to get an R or V8 XC90 (which I recently test drove and was disappointed with) for a while at that point, but there wasn’t anything available locally that would be a replacement I’d be happy with, and I wasn’t in a position to wait to look around or be picky.

I sucked it up and paid for the repairs, and the car has been free of any serious/catastrophic issues since then. The positive takeaway from this story for me was that once I got off the fence and invested into what I already had, I felt like I had crossed a point of no return and had more freedom to actually start doing wishlist mods that I’d never thought I’d get around to.

I loved my car when I got it, grew tired of it, then started making it my own and building it to a state that I’m happy with and can really feel proud of. IMO the best car you can have is one without a monthly payment. If i ever get a ticket or have to get repairs, it’s likely still cheaper than a car payment and nothing to stress about.

·
Registered
17,311 Posts
Equivalent 2.5t wagon or a t5m.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts