SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So now has come the time to somewhat reluctantly sell my R. Heads up: this is gonna be a long description...I'm incredibly meticulous, and detail oriented; my car is a reflection of such

The Basics:
Year: 2007
Model: S60R
Mileage:91,XXX (approx. 90,450, but increasing due to 8 miles of driving per day)
Exterior Color: Electric Silver
Interior Color: Nordkap
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual (M66)
Features:Factory Navigation System, Sunroof, Climate & Premium Package, 18" Pegs, Park Distance Control
Title: In Hand/Clear

Background:
It was purchased in May of 2012 from a used car dealership with 46,XXX miles. Prior to, it was owned by an attorney in Bethesda, Maryland. It was purchased new by her (two owner) from Don Beyer Volvo in Falls Church, Virginia. All maintenence before my purchase completed there, including a slave cylinder and clutch at 36,XXX.

Exterior:8.5/10
+ No Collisions/replacement panels/major paintwork
+ Waxed every other month and claybarred semi-annually with full-detail
+ Front bumper, sanded and refinished August 2014
+ Wheels machined for a unique, monochromatic look
+ Michelin Pilot Super Sports have under 20% wear
- Minor scratch along the LR bumper corner (I plan on getting it repaired rather soon)
- Ridiculously minor curb-rash on two wheels (pictures upon request)
- While the front bumper was getting restored, they decided to repair a deep scratch on the LF fender without telling me...the repair was subpar IMO :angryfire:(pics soon)

Interior: 8.5/10
+ Non-smoker
+ I only drink water and black coffee in the R. No food....EVER
+ Seats show minimal wear for age, and bolsters are not lacking structural rigidity
+ Backseat used under 10 times since 2012
+ All windows (including windshield) tinted to keep interior from aging prematurely
- HU-850 may need replacement - volume may control itself (this happens maybe 7-10% of the time) - if you solely use the aux cable you should be fine.
- Slight discoloration on LF seat bolster from usage
- Small hole in carpet under OEM Nordkap Floor-mat from previous owner's stiletto
- Bluetooth mic no longer works as of a week ago

Mechanical: 9.5/10
+ Only fed premium fuel - 93 Octane from (2012-June 2015) - 91 Octane from (July 2015-Present)
+ Oil changes every 3,000 miles
+ Full service history from new (0-46,XXX @ Don Beyer Volvo; 46,XXX-80,XXX @ Connecticut's Own Volvo + Gengras Volvo + Bill Kidd's Volvo; 80,XXXX-Present: ReVolv/Ben McNalley/ Swedish motors
+ Mods in signature...various other little things have been done (cosmetics, spacers, etc)
- Timing belt due in 13K...knowing me this should have been completed by now.

More info upon request...according to Don Beyer Volvo during a PPI, this was one of the last R's ever produced. Moreover, it's fully loaded (ever feature aside from body kit), including a navigation amongst other things. The only reason I am selling is because I get bored with cars rather quickly. While I tend to go through cars about once a year, this one has lasted me over three. I found something Hecho en Deutschland that I want to replace it with. Once it leaves, I will for sure shed a tear.

Several people on this forum that haven driven this R can contest that this is one of the cleanest R's out there and most likely one of the last produced...$13,500 OBO. The vehicle is paid off with a title in hand...all I ask is that this R goes to a good home.

*Pictures taken in June after detail...same as now, but with a Thule Roof Rack (included at asking price) as seen in last pic (you don't get the bike)

What is comes with:
- Binder that pretty much serves as an encyclopedia for this car (all maintenence documented, mods, etc...no window sticker, however)
- (2) Full Keys and (1) Valet Key
- Nordkap Mats
- Volvo OEM All-Weather Mats
- Title (duh)
- Peace of Mind in knowing you are purchasing a clean car! (that was cheesy)

·
Registered
393 Posts
This looks like an excellent example of a nicely modded and well cared for R. Makes me miss mine a lot. Do you know what kind of numbers the car put down when it was tuned?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This looks like an excellent example of a nicely modded and well cared for R. Makes me miss mine a lot. Do you know what kind of numbers the car put down when it was tuned?
Many thanks...I didn't want to do much to the exterior to maintain the sleeper status. That being said, no expenses were spared in keeping this in as close to new condition as possible. It may sound obsessive, but this car is like a child to me.

In terms of numbers, I'm not exactly sure what it's pushing. Even when it was close-to-stock, I swear this R was quicker than the others I test drove. Ben McNalley, who did most of the modifications to it in collaboration with Re-Volv in Mass said that this R is quicker than most as well.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a video of how it sounds...not too loud but definitely not stock!

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
How much

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
That's listed pretty clearly in the post... You did the same in the 98 V70R post which ALSO had a price posted. WTF

·
Administrator
55,949 Posts
Saw Maryland tags and got excited. :) GLWS, great looking R!

The front window is tinted? How did that pass inspection?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw Maryland tags and got excited. :) GLWS, great looking R!

The front window is tinted? How did that pass inspection?
Thanks...this is pretty much a full for sale thread at this point. It all depends if the replacement doesn't sell in the meantime.

Front windshield has a 50% tint on it...it's not enough that any average person inspecting it would notice, but it's enough that you won't necessarily need sunglasses while driving. Moreover, as far as I'm concerned, this isn't even something that they look for on inspections, unless it's super-noticeable.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Having seen and driven this R, I'd say he's UNDER selling it. Ridiculously clean and quick. So tastefully modded that only a keen eye would know it isn't stock (including the exhaust, it sounds great with near zero drone!) Even if you're not crazy about the color combo, if you're in the market for a nice M66 R, you'd be insane to pass this one up.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having seen and driven this R, I'd say he's UNDER selling it. Ridiculously clean and quick. So tastefully modded that only a keen eye would know it isn't stock (including the exhaust, it sounds great with near zero drone!) Even if you're not crazy about the color combo, if you're in the market for a nice M66 R, you'd be insane to pass this one up.
Thanks for the kind words Eric. For those not interested in silver, neither was I when I purchased the car. It's really grown on me. It's completely subjective, but Electric Silver looks 10X better than Classic Silver (2004 SR/VR), and Mystic Silver (2005 SR/VR).

PM Replied.

The interest on this has been pretty strong. While I say the price is $13,500 OBO, as of now I'll be looking for $13,500 FIRM.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sale Pending. Still looking into higher offers, however!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BUMP.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BUMP. She's still sittin' pretty in her door-ding resistant spot!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sale Pending. Still looking into higher offers, however!
I got mine for sale since 3 months ago. It is pretty similar condition and feature and doesn't matter how great it is or how it looks, the people doesn't recognize this is a RARE car anymore and dealers are giving away this car for nothing just like some private owners selling for less than the real value. The potential interested pretend to buy the car for 10000 dollars then I'm gonna give you a tip, do not throw it away for nothing. You just will need to find the right buyer that recognize the real value of your car as mine and as the others trying to sell a good specimen. GLWS, you will need it and patience,....... a lot.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump...

Despite being for sale, I'm still pampering the 'vo

·
Registered
974 Posts
I got mine for sale since 3 months ago. It is pretty similar condition and feature and doesn't matter how great it is or how it looks, the people doesn't recognize this is a RARE car anymore and dealers are giving away this car for nothing just like some private owners selling for less than the real value. The potential interested pretend to buy the car for 10000 dollars then I'm gonna give you a tip, do not throw it away for nothing. You just will need to find the right buyer that recognize the real value of your car as mine and as the others trying to sell a good specimen. GLWS, you will need it and patience,....... a lot.
It's crazy that these cars are not carrying the demand as they were when I got mine. I'm about to put mine on the market but I cant wait 3 months or longer to sell it. I have been considering just putting it away in storage if I cant sell it since I know its worth more (to me anyway) than what these crack head dealers want to offer for trade ins and some of the low ball offers i hear people are getting..
What is even crazier is my commuter car ( 06 Civic SI) with 100K miles is worth more than my R.

Adavis... GLWS.. thats a beauty!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.