SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 s60 2.5T starts jumping on first gear. Whenever I come to a complete stop and start accelerating, car jumps or tug on first gear. Could this be the transmission going bad ? Thanks for any advice.

· Registered
956 Posts
First check would be the upper and lower engine supports. The lower one in particular is weak and breaks.

Here's a way to make it more secure and save some $$ in the process. I did this (and the upper mount) on both the cars in my sig and it fixed this and other transmission shift issues. It will also usually cause what is called the 'garage shift' - where when moving from N to D or R to D (like leaving a garage from sitting), you will hear a "clunk."

Post #30 here gives a nice DIY fix for the lower mount/support:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First check would be the upper and lower engine supports. The lower one in particular is weak and breaks.

Here's a way to make it more secure and save some $$ in the process. I did this (and the upper mount) on both the cars in my sig and it fixed this and other transmission shift issues. It will also usually cause what is called the 'garage shift' - where when moving from N to D or R to D (like leaving a garage from sitting), you will hear a "clunk."

Post #30 here gives a nice DIY fix for the lower mount/support:

2007 s60 2.5T starts jumping on first gear. Whenever I come to a complete stop and start accelerating, car jumps or tug on first gear. Could this be the transmission going bad ? Thanks for any advice.
I replaced 3 of 5 engine mounts ( upper engine torque mount, transmission torque mount, passenger side lower engine mount) and it seem to improve the problem of car jumping. I'll replace the last 2 engine mounts too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.