SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last couple weeks I have problem with passenger side low beam. When I turn key (before actually starting the engine) all lights works fine. Couple seconds after I start the engine passenger side low beam goes off and message "Low Beam Bulb Failure" appears on a display. If I turn the engine off, light comes up again and message disappears.
All fuses are fine, bulbs is also fine (otherwise would not work when engine is off).
Anybody had the similar problem or have an idea what to do (beside suggestions to take it to a dealer).

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the dip beam fuse inside the hood.I belive its 17.
Previously, bulb light worked when the engine is off, now there is no light at all.

Checked fuse and bulb, both are ok.
Checked voltage too, has 12V at fuse (both ends) but there is no voltage at bulb. Also, when I turn the key I hear clicking noise, like the relay is switching on and off few times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Well, for your sake, I hope not the EXACT problem (see my posts about my headlight issue). After 2005 they started using a CEM that does not really have serviceable parts. I needed a new CEM put in to fix the problem ($1000 at the dealer). I went to an independent Volvo shop about another issue awhile ago and mentioned the fun I had at the dealership. They said that sometimes they can rebuild the CEM.

Hopefully, it is something small, but if you have checked everything else...it might be time to bring it somewhere for a scan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the exact same problem. Well, for your sake, I hope not the EXACT problem (see my posts about my headlight issue). After 2005 they started using a CEM that does not really have serviceable parts. I needed a new CEM put in to fix the problem ($1000 at the dealer). I went to an independent Volvo shop about another issue awhile ago and mentioned the fun I had at the dealership. They said that sometimes they can rebuild the CEM.

Hopefully, it is something small, but if you have checked everything else...it might be time to bring it somewhere for a scan.
Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to be the same problem as you had. I left the car at my mechanic for few days (while I was away on business trip) and he could not find what was the problem. He told me to take it to somebody specialized in Volvos, so I assume it will be ECM at the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts