SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2007 2.4i S40 (bought it cheap, first car & has issues, so you'll get enough of me on this forum).

One of the main issues is that the rear right wheel is a bit inclined inwards at top (not too much, like in the image below), as with camber and is a bit "toed in" (sorry if it sounds funny, I'm new to all these terms). Mechanics around don't seem to know what caused it, because it all looks fine underneath. Some of them say it's a problem often found in the p1 platform (Ford Focus & Mazda 3 can too have this problem)

Any guesses how can I get it fixed or what else should be checked?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yes the P1 Volvo’s do have a naturally aggressive camber on the back that can lead to inner tire wear faster. Cheapest fix is to install some Mazdaspeed adjustable camber arms to level them out - $60-80 on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would that be a "temporary fix" or replacing the control arms would mean I'm good to go?
I've heard an opinion about elevating the back of the car a bit, any guesses on that?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
No I’ve never heard about lifting the car but maybe if the springs are sagging bad, I don’t think that’s very likely - the camber does get worse when people lower their cars so the geometry makes sense. The adjustable arms should be a permanent fix as they control the rear wheels camber regardless of height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Check your rear suspension bushings too. These cars are getting some age and miles on them and things go bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts