SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a salvage 2007 V70R (sad, I know) and am going to be swapping some parts over from the 2007 to my 2004. I am going to be swapping what's left of the plastic side trim, console, taillights and some other 07 bits that are confirmed fitment. I'd like to change the rear bumper out as well to complete the look as well. Has anybody done this before/has knowledge that it fits? Also, what other exterior parts are on the 07 that are different from the 04?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
71 Posts
You’ll have to buy the 05+ bumper brackets for the back otherwise it won’t fit

·
Registered
431 Posts
I recently swapped mine, I ordered 30727018 and 30727019 brackets

You can make is fit with the 04 brackets, but you'll need to drill a hole in the existing bracket. I'd just order the brackets though, they are $20 each new from Volvo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently swapped mine, I ordered 30727018 and 30727019 brackets

You can make is fit with the 04 brackets, but you'll need to drill a hole in the existing bracket. I'd just order the brackets though, they are $20 each new from Volvo.
Alright thanks, those looks like they can be swapped over from the other car. Is that possible or is it a one time use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
As far as I know you can just swap them. You might have to drill some new mounting holes for the bracket or use self tappers. I haven't received my brackets yet, so I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the brackets swapped over and they bolted right up. I need to trim the bumper down a little bit on the inside of the bottom lip to fit the mud flaps but other than that it is a direct bolt up. And as a bonus you don’t need to deal with the sliding hook things that hold the 04 bumper on. I’ll post some photos in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts