SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently swapped my tiny 2005 mirrors for nice 2007 ones ("medium" size). After some careful consideration and comparison of the wiring diagrams (took me an hour to figure everything out) and totally changing around the terminals they actually completely work, wonderful. The Mx and My motors were flipped around at first so horizontal adjustment functioned vertically and vice versa but that was a matter of switching two terminals. Apparently, pink = green and green = pink, I must be a unique kind of colourblind or something. Heating works fine and so does the temperature readout of the driver's mirror.

However, there's one gremlin left and I don't know how to fix that. Up and down adjustment is as it should be. Left and right though, is backwards. Hold the joystick left and the mirror goes right. Hold the joystick right and the mirror goes left. It functions, just not as it should. Is this a known thing? Can I fix it by reversing terminals on the control unit in the door? Well I probably can, but should I need to? What can I have gotten backwards? I did try switching the mirror ground and motor wires, but that just resulted in a very poorly functioning mirror.

Thanks!

·
Registered
687 Posts
pics ? i'm interested to see what they look like on your car ( I've got a 06 btw )

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's really much better, these don't look like the original toy mirrors but much more the real deal. Visibility is also much better, they're both larger and have more of a curve, a lot more traffic fits in them.

I have an overview of the wiring somewhere, but annoyingly it's ever so slightly different for each year and the wiring could be different for your car so I'm not sure how much use it would be. What I found on the web was pointless anyway... But it's useful to know that with a paperclip you can just rewire the connectors and get everything working regardless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts