SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lucked out at the junk yard and now have a pair of updated turn signal mirrors. I’d like to install them but I want to keep the puddle lights from my 05 mirrors. Has anyone had experience with making that work? This promo pic for the 07 update featured both lights, and as far as I know we didn’t actually get to see mirrors like this:

I’ve found a how-to on the retrofit/upgrade, just nothing on combining the assemblies to retain the puddle lights in the process. If this is new territory for mods I’ll be sure to document my work as I go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out the assemblies are entirely different; different harness connections, different motors, different size/shape panels, different contours on the shells. SO, what I was looking to do is not easily possible. It would require some rewiring and careful cutting of the bottom panels, so I don’t think I’ll end up trying anytime soon.

Here’s my day’s work:

I closely followed this guide for the whole thing. The only differences in my experience were the fender signal wire colors (green and black) and the size of the star head (4mm) on the bolt that removes for the wire to snake into the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good job. I’ve been sitting on a set for a while now. I like the blinkers but prefer the smaller and lower profile of the side mirrors without the blinkers. There’s a diy video of some guy installing aftermarket puddle lights with better lighting you should look for. If I come across it I’ll forward it to you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good job. I’ve been sitting on a set for a while now. I like the blinkers but prefer the smaller and lower profile of the side mirrors without the blinkers. There’s a diy video of some guy installing aftermarket puddle lights with better lighting you should look for. If I come across it I’ll forward it to you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts