SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone to make this quick and simple Icracked the block on my 2.5 when my 16t swap went wild and had a crazy boost spike up to 23 psi due to waste gate being too tught. Now need new motor and found a 2006t5 motor with 74k on it with the turbo too. Figured my best option would be putting that 2.4 and turbo with it on the car. I have the turbo and motor coming Tues I'm just not sure what else may been needed. Will my air box and everything else work for rest or is more parts needed? Thanks guys

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you want to go for a completely factory looking swap then you will need the intake and air box from the T5 or from an R, as they both use the K24 turbo. Or just get an aftermarket intake and air box. I imagine you will need some ECU tuning and possibly reprogramming to make this work too, anyone else want to chime in here?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Air box and inlet pipe needs to be changed.
T5/R MAF sizes as well as Turbo inlet size are different than the 2.5T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I was thinking that the inlet pipe would need to be adjusted aswell. So in this case I should now just buy a s60r snabb pipe. Will my maf not work? I have hilton doing the tuNE job and message from them was it should be no problem to tune this to my car. Is there any places that sell the air box? I can't seem to find anything outside the evolve box

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Your old MAF is not the same as R MAF.
Therefore you can install a R MAF with larger I.D. and have Hilton tune according to the R MAF.
Or just pull the MAF sensor from your existing, and replace it into the R MAF housing.

As for airbox I'd check with ERIE VOVO or other junk yard, for a stock R air box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my current maf will work no problem it just needs to be tuned to that one instead? Is the elevate intake any better than the factory? .motor will be here today with turbo

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I haven't seen any hard evidence that the Elevate intake is superior than the factory airbox.

If your tuner is competent, than they can tune your car to run on 1. stock MAF 2. R MAF or 3. No MAF at all. Take your pick :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last piece I'm about the whole swap I'm unsure about is will my stock 2.5t intercooler and piping be ok? I plan to go fmic very shortly but a month to save up after all these other costly items would be helpful

·
Registered
773 Posts
The T5 intercooler from that year is the same as your 2.5T intercooler, so that won't be a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome good to know. The piping is same as well? Been working on the new motor and should have this project finished next week. Just waiting on air box to come in and need some ev14 550 or 650 injectors and it's complete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.