SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon to all!
Our XC90 needs the headliner repaired. I visited my choice for local upholstery repair to discuss the repair. Apparently the original material hard to match, or something of that matter. So we discussed options. Of course the material falling off the a-pillars, and the b-pillars are scuffed some, so I am thinking we will recover the headliner and the pillars with matching material. Anyone else done a similar repair? He said one issue would be that to make the pillars and headliner match, we would have to use a "backed" material, and so it will have a different look to it. I would like some pictures if anyone has any of a replacement headliner with a different material.

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm also looking at having this done on the XC90. It's a couple of years newer than the VR but the XC90 interior hasn't held up like the VR has. My headliner is starting to debond near the driver sun visor. It hasn't gotten too bad but it is annoying. I have been thinking of re-doing the whole interior. Let us know if you go ahead and do this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is actually pretty bad. It is Hanging behind the sun roof, and drooping very badly behind the second row. I am probably going to have to wait until after the first of the year to dive in, it isn't as important as things like upcoming hollidays and such.

04 3500 LB7 C&C
We move Portable Buildings!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My pillars fell off, the sun visor area, parts of the back. I reglued the pillars and front sun visor area, but I'm probably gonna rip the whole thing out and redo it in plaid or something fun

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking about maybe a suede. Just gotta see what the upholstery guy can get.

04 3500 LB7 C&C
We move Portable Buildings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts