SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T FWD that just turned 150,000 miles. The "Driver Door Open" warning pops up in the text display and stays on after the door is closed, but goes out after the door is locked. The warning comes back on anytime the left turn signal is activated and also turns the interior lights on. Both the warning message and the interior lights go out after the turn signal is deactivated. The driver window will not go down, but all the other windows are active. These issues all occurred together within 25 miles of turning over the 150K mark. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I'm not saying don't check the door wiring, but you're probably looking at rebuilding your cem.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And the interior lights?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
The interior lights come on after dark when the left turn signal is activated in addition to the "Driver Door Open" warning. There is only one scenario where it all works properly: when sometimes pushing down the door lock knob, if it pops right back up each time you depress it and then I finally hold it down forcibly. At that point, the driver window will operate. Sounds like a short in the door lock actuator perhaps?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is most likely your wiring that runs from the engine compartment into your door. I had the same issue. Check the gasket by pulling it back and I would bet the wiring is bad. Volvo dealer in WI told me they see it often. About a 300 dollar repair.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
it is the black ground wire in the A pilar. it is the bottom wire on the outside (closer to the outside door skin - away from your knee when closed) I posted in a thread in January of this year when I fixed mine. others have posted too. the January post has a link to pictures of the connector, and someone discussing how to get the wire off cleanly.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-left-turn-signal-is-on&p=3089041#post3089041

1 - 11 of 11 Posts