SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finding replacement LCAs for our 06 XC70 and there's a chassis cutoff for the LCAs with a huge price difference on Volvo parts Lisle... Are they different?

http://volvopartslisle.com/assembly/82071124/Front-Wheel-Suspension

iPd,FCP, and Tasca list one LCA for the XC70... So I'm a little confused.

And anyone know where to find Lemforder XC70 LCAs? FCP has one side...

Is it even worth it to attempt swapping the bushings (my brain say no, my wallet say maybe)...

I never thought I would find a case where it would be easier to buy R parts than XC parts...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Well, from what I know, the R cars switched from aluminum LCAs to steel LCAs right around that time. Perhaps it was a switch across all P2 models.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think the change to steel control arms was with 2007 models but I don't know about the XC70.

It's usually cheaper to replace the entire control arm with pre-installed bushings.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Yes, they are different and are NOT interchangeable

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
For DIY purposes I'd get the whole arms replaced to minimize down time.

If you know a shop with a press you can keep the old arms around for the next service. Have the old arms serviced when new ones fail so you can swap it in. Pressing bushing with a press is quick and easy, and a honest shop shouldn't charge you much for the time. I'm lucky, my buddy/mechanic will do it for beer :D :beer:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
the XC and R (steel and aluminium) LCA's use the same size bushings. Personally, I would just buy a new ball joint, and buy a new OEM rear position bushing (the once closest to the rear of the engine), and buy a pair of powerflex Poly bushings for the front position (position 1 in the drawing)

http://www.vivaperformance.com/polyurethane-bushings-s60-v70-awd/

IIRC, only the 06-07 P2's had steel LCAs. Older models had aluminium

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an 06 and the ones on the car look aluminum... And yeah that's my plan, keep the old ones and swap the bushings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts