SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

2006- XC-70- 2.5T

I have looked this car from top to bottom, I replaced my radiator and AC condenser. I have triple checked all my connections related with the performed maintenance. When I go to start the car it putters for a second and dies out, and then will just crank but not start. Any suggestions? I can hear the fuel pump on key turn. I have checked battery 11.8V on the meter. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, the car went to limp mode after my 3rd attempt to start.

-Ov3rlander 馃棥

Registered
Sounds more like an intake air leak rather than electrical.
Did you get the connections to the intercooler on tight?
Rubber hose on right side requires care that hose end and clamp is in right position when installing.
Plastic pipe on on left can look all the way on but not be.
Did it by chance backfire through the intake once possibly causing the Throttle module pipe to come loose?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your suggestions, as soon as I read your reply I checked all intake related connections, still haven't gotten anywhere. Here is a video of the engine trying to crank. The first couple seconds is the key in 2 position and then I try to start.

Registered
Was the car running fine and dandy before you replaced the radiator/condenser?

Sounds like it's low on voltage and/or the starter motor is dragging.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:
Replaced starter and plugs= Still no start.
After weeks of failing to diagnose this on my off time, I decided to get it towed to a local mech shop.
馃樀anxiously awaiting a call with the laundry list of problems that need repair.

Registered
I had a similar mystery ailment happen to my XC when all I did was replace a coil. Turns out that I had stuffed a rag in the OTE pipe at the intercooler to prevent anything from falling in. Well, nothing ELSE fell in but somehow I managed to miss the rag altogether when I put the pipe back on. Car would start and immediately stall. Took a few days for me to figure out what I had done (and not without some troubleshooting help from a few members along the way).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts