SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made the tough choice a few months ago to sell my 2006 Magic/ Nord VR to my buddy. I've been driving my S80 2.5 since and it's been great but it just wasn't special and I missed my wagon. I found a Passion/Gobi VR in Akron OH for very cheap. I was skeptical but it was cheap enough to justify. I flew in and just made the 1400 mile trip back to CO without issue. It's going to need a couple small things but overall I'm happy.

My first fill up since it was bone dry. Why do dealers do that?

A little piece of mind.

IPD exhaust? Score!

Safe in it's new home.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow. Great roommate

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Congrats, that car was pretty local to me. I think you beat a number of potential purchasers to the punch. I like your lift!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
My first fill up since it was bone dry. Why do dealers do that?
[/IMG]
Its usually fire code. The Fire Marshall used to pop in and fine our dealer if there were cars for sale with more than a 1/4 of gas. That was in Charlotte, NC. I'm sure laws very from State to State but mostly its the cost of the fuel they can save.

Nice pickup btw

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what needs to get done to it . i was looking at this one but the price made me think something was wrong .
It needs new low control arms for sure. Probably more suspension stuff too. It has the anti skid message on but I'm not too worried. The front bumped will need a respray and the seats a redye. But that is all I've found so far.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its usually fire code. The Fire Marshall used to pop in and fine our dealer if there were cars for sale with more than a 1/4 of gas. That was in Charlotte, NC. I'm sure laws very from State to State but mostly its the cost of the fuel they can save.

Nice pickup btw
I didn't know that. That makes sense.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Think we're getting to the point that many dealers may not price an "R" much over any other 8-11 years old P2 Volvo (i.e., not worth very much at all) because there's only a select few that know, care and will pay a premium. So, there may be a few genuine bargains out there on used car lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
955 Posts
Great find, looks to be a solid VR with minimal repairs needed.

Great looking garage :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. It's a GT. found out the control arms are fine, but the whole steering rack was unbolted. Not cool to find after a road trip. It needs a steering sensor but not much else.

Good point KCCM, dealers don't really know the value of these. I still think I got kind of lucky with it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts