SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2006 Volvo 260. It seems to drive perfectly. Then I had a strange thing happen tonight when I was almost home. I rattling scratching sound coming from the undercarriage directly below the automatic gear stick.

I went to look and sure enough, a rectangular shaped item looked to have flapped down and was hitting the asphalt as I drove. Luckily I was about 3/4 miles from home in a residential area so I just drove about 15 mph until I parked in the driveway.

The item looked thin in nature but it was dark out, like a "flap of sort," it looked dark in color and maybe 8 inches long and 3-4 inches wide. What is this?

Did something come unscrewed? I can't drive it until I get it pinned up now. I have an airplane flight on January 20 in two days to go to Hawaii and MUST fix this. Is it a simple fix?

The used auto place that I bought this from had taken it to the shop so I am guessing something the checked on wasn't screwed in properly. How easy would this be to fix with a cousin of mine who works on cars and what the hell is it?

Would the dealership be required to pay extra if in case it was their fault?

Lots of Questions, I just want to enjoy this new car!!

~ NoxieRoxie

·
3,958 Posts
Post up a picture, it's probably the EBD aka the exhaust brakes of death or it could be the trans heat shield..

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm curious about this too. Dark, maybe the rear "ears" on the factory plastic splash guard? A picture would probably solve this

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
856 Posts
Most likely just a heat shield or similar to that.Your dealer should and will likely address it for you. Don't be overly concerned about it.Only a pic would verify what the thing is though.
Welcome to the forum and your screen name sounds sexy:pic:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts