SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**SOLD** 2006 V70R 6AT Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 82,6XX, One Owner, All Service Records, All Mechanicals Inspected

Interior and exterior in very good to excellent condition except for the cosmetic issues listed below
Link to pictures, service records and Carfax:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x48jo22lh37uacu/AADpxSNzNn8K-wxqpTbyeEffa?dl=0
VIN: YV1SJ527362543329
Always carefully maintained and operated non-smoking car, extra care always given
All service records since new
Synthetic oil changes every 7,500 when new and every 5,000 after about 30K
Completely stock, no modifications
Every available factory option for ’06 - moonroof, nav, roof racks, heated seats, rear park assist, HU-850 premium sound, etc, etc - was a showroom car at its dealer
Grom USB3 bluetooth that works through factory sound system and steering wheel <script id="gpt-impl-0.624341775333974" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_81.js"></script>controls (brilliant)
Did not go into service until May of ’07, so it’s been on the road about a year less than most other 2006’s
Two minor accidents, both repaired, no frame or other structural damage (See Carfax). One resulted in a new front cap/bumper cover, headlight and grille, the other in new passenger side doors
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position with 7/32”
Mechanical:
Inspected and in good working condition:
o Spring seats and strut mounts
o Active chassis (4C) system
o AWD system
o Turbo, turbo intake and down pipe
o Timing belt
o Wheel bearings
o Brake pads
o Alignment
o Transmission
o Angle gear and collar sleeve
o Transmission fluid
o Transmission torque mount
o Engine mounts
o Coolant

Clean Vida scan

Some of the Maintenance and Repairs:
o Serpentine belt (01/16)
o New Sunroof (04/15)
o Front Discs & Rotors (12/14)
o Battery (7/14)
o Spark plugs (1/14 @ 61K)
o Top Engine Torque Mount (1/14)
o Rear Brake Service (3/13)

Cosmetic:
A few small exterior scratches and door dings
Front seats are in good to fair condition - if you’re local to So Fla I have a very talented leather guy who can make them look almost new for $200
Needs a new shifter boot
Asking $13,000

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Nice Sonic
Same as my old 6 speed except the rails and I ran 18" wheels and tires
I would suggest you do the T belt as it's due NOW for time. It will help your sale and perhaps refinish the seats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.
According to Volvo, T belt interval is 10 yr/120K. This one's been on the road for 8 yrs 8 mos.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
It doesn't matter how long its been on the road for. That belt was made in 05 and put on the car then. It starts to age as soon as its made. Its been 10 years at a min.

I have the same exact car in the S60R form. Nice car. I would get the seats fixed so buyers aren't looking at not so perfect seats. When I bought my SR a few years ago the previous owner had his dealer replace both upper and lower seat skins on both front seats due to wear. They're still perfect, but I put a blanket down on mine so they don't wear haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks, makes sense. Considering doing seats & T-belt.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
T belt is of more importance. The seats aren't actually bad for a 10 year old car. It looks like the bolsters and switching and everything is in good shape, just a bit of the dye is worn. I wouldn't worry too much. Your wagon looks to be in good shape. Good luck with the sale.

Also if you decide to replace the boot yourself for whatever reason, try Tasca for a replacement. They're a dealer in RI with very good prices online.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Timing belt being replaced as of this post

New ask: $13,750

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

Uploaded:
V70R buyer's checklist
Timing belt invoice
More legible copy of dealer service

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Awesome looking car and close to my location. It had me thinking seriously, but the timing isn't quite right for us yet. I will say that your full disclosure advertising is probably the best I've seen around here. Hope the sale works out for you.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Sweet, low mileage car. Really nice to see a car that has no rashed wheels, and my favorite tires. Clean and honest representation. GLWTS. I wish I had a garage to put it in and I'd drive it every week. Really, really nice. Timing bad for me. Would be a nice ride up 95 up to MD...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Great car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
I didn't look at ALL the detail, but it sure looks like the driver's front fender is a slightly different blue. Was that repainted/faded in as part of the repair?
In either case, super, super clean. I want it. WISH timing was right...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awesome looking car and close to my location. It had me thinking seriously, but the timing isn't quite right for us yet. I will say that your full disclosure advertising is probably the best I've seen around here. Hope the sale works out for you.
Agreed. The extensive pics and documentation -- especially the pics of the blemishes and sun damage -- likely made the potential buyer feel a lot more comfortable about the sale. Other sellers should take a page from his book.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts